Thursday, August 23, 2007

FCCLA National Conference, Anaheim, California

Christine Shindo & Charlotte Badua

My experience at the FCCLA National Conference in Anaheim, California this summer was very fun. As a group, we made side trips to Disneyland, Universal Studios, and Six Flags. But this trip wasn’t only about having fun. We had to work and make our project better. Although it took a lot of work, it was worth it because my partner Charlotte Badua and I had the opportunity to go to nationals. At the state conference, we received a gold medal. At nationals, we received a silver medal.
Overall, I’m glad I joined FCCLA because it had a good impact on me, as a person. Being in this club made me a better leader and gave me better communication skills. It was a great way to meet new people and build friendships. I would definitely recommend others to join this club. I had a lot of fun, while at the same time, building and developing many skills that will help me in the future.


Christine Shindo, Senior, FCCLA President