Monday, March 3, 2008

Middle School Mentor Days

To help with the transition into high school, 75 eighth graders from the middle school, during the off-track periods, were hosted for a day on campus by a Career & Technical Education student. The CTE students were specially selected to match the course interests of their proteges and spent the day showing them how to navigate high school life.

KUPONO TRACK - Friday, April 25, 2008
LAULIMA TRACK - Friday, May 2, 2008
MALAMA TRACK – Thursday, May 15, 2008

"She talked to me as an equal... and made me feel important as a person" Laulima student

"It's hard, but not as stressful as I thought. High school's difficulty is based a lot on your decisions." Kupono student

"I felt I made a difference..." High School Mentor

"Watch who you hang out with... your friends have a heavy impact on you." High School Mentor

Thank you to our volunteer mentors!
And to the soon-to-be freshmen...see you soon!